Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 1 of the Ultimate Reset

Alright - tomorrow is day 7!  That makes ONE WEEK in for the Ultimate Reset!   Really - it hasn't been to bad.   It does help that I love the program though.  It works for me. Yes it's strict  but I need it!  I don't know about you, but I've been seeing repeated commercials regarding Dairy Queen and their new menu!   This included the Cotton Candy Blizzard. 
It was my absolute favorite and was also discontinued a few years ago.  Now it's back.  And I want one so stinking bad.  I wish that I was one of those people that hated food.  You know - the ones who wont eat bananas or watermelon because they are to sweet?   I love it.  I love food.  Food is AMAZING.  And for the past 10 years - it has owned me.  At one point in my life I ate healthy and often.  Then I gained weight - 20 lbs in 2 months! And that was with a 1200 calorie diet and running 3-4 times a day.  That's when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.

As much as I would LOVE to blame all my weight loss on my thyroid - I can really only blame those first 20 lbs.   If you don't deal with hypothyroidism, consider yourself lucky.  I gain weight quickly and it takes FOREVER to drop it. Once I was diagnosed I thought it would get magically easy again.  But it didn't.  It was so hard.   I remember trying.  So. Hard. And not getting anywhere.  Eventually, I gave up.  I watched my weight climb steadily until I got pregnant.  Then giving up went to a whole new level.

I took the "eating for two" to a whole new  level.  When my son was nearly a year, I decided to come back and fight.   I wasn't going to sit down  and let food control me.  It's not been easy.  I've learned that I do better when I'm following something strict - like the Ultimate Reset.  I'm so addicted to sweets - and craving them bad.  Seeing commercials about my favorite past food doesn't help!  But I keep pushing forward.

I'm not going to stop. One week in and I feel so much better.  I am reminded how food effects me.  I am tired sooner and fall asleep faster.  I am feeling a little exhausted and find myself wanting to reach from something sugary to give me that boost.   I am just happy to be getting back on track.  Better to fall down then fall out.  Fall down 7 times get up 8!   :)  


Keep pushing!

- Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment