Monday, March 10, 2014

My Promise to You...or.... Because I Let it Happen

I'm reading the book Push by Chalene Johnson.  It's a goal setting, weight loss, personal life achievement type book.  Pretty good.  I'm on day 24.   She says to make a promise to people that you will achieve your goals.  So here is my goal to you - I WILL lose 70 lbs.   I need to be healthy for my family and for myself.  Currently - I can't stand the way I look.  I hate the way I feel in clothes.  Shopping for jeans is pure torture!  HELLLOOOO!  NOT EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD IN SKINNY JEANS!  I'm 5 feet tall and 186 lbs.  I do not need to be in the same aisle as skinny jeans!  I am short and frumpy.  I've got thights and a butt that require a back up signal.  Skinny jeans make me look like The Little Red Hen.  Come now...I don't need that. 

Aside from clothes shopping - the way I feel about myself is horrible.  Every sit up is a painful visual reminder of just how much I let myself go.  Can you believe this crap?  I LET myself get this way!  Did you read what I just wrote?  I. LET. MYSELF. GET. THIS. WAY.  Nobody forced me to eat an entire row of oreos.  No one forced me to eat french fries.  No one forced me to eat ice cream.  Despite my knowing how unhealthy it was for me, despite my growing size, despite my desperation to be healthier, I let it happen.    Some people tell me, "well, things happen."  Well, they do.  But you know what?  I didn't stop it. 
As I sit here typing, my little ones are fast asleep.  I wonder...what kind of example was I to them?  Well, today, a pretty darn good one!  Lots of outdoor activity at the zoo, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, and an afternoon work out.  That is the mom those kids deserve.  Healthy, fit, and happy.   That's the mom I WILL be.  And you know what?   I'm going to let myself get that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment